Break Room 103 is accessible by entering the left portal following the second fight with the Barghest.
- The door: Leads to a hallway. Can only be used when the puzzle is solved.
- All of the desks
- Almost all of the notes
- Flower pots
- Keypad (under a white note)
- Water Cooler
The player has to solve a puzzle in order to get out of this room. The goal of the puzzle is to find a 4 digit code which then can be entered through the keypad hidden under a white note on the desk at the bottom left of the room.
The player has to interact with the computer first. This'll give a few clues to the player. After that, the dialog of four notes around the room change. The player can find clues about each digit by reading the notes. The clues are as follow:
- The Computer: "Four of us there are but none of us the same. Our favorite numbers block your path and muddle in your brain. If you find you can't compete and would rather rest today. You can always feed us seven ones and be right on your way."
- First Note: "Our first wolfs down food so fast he says he ate instead of eating."
- Second Note: "Our second is the mightiest they say he really gives a beating."
- Third Note: "Our third is younger than the others he's barely come of age."
- Fourth Note: "Our fourth and final is a forty here where love has set the stage."
There are two answers to the puzzle:
- One answer can be found by using the clues from the notes which is 8913.
- The First Note states that "he ate", hence the first digit is 8.
- The Second Note says that "the mightiest", meaning the largest number. Since the first digit is 8 and no digits are the same, the second digit would be 9.
- The Fourth Note says "a forty" and "love", which is reference to tennis where you have three points to the other person's zero. This means the fourth digit is 3.
- The Third Note says "younger than the others", which means the third digit has to be smaller than 3.
- Entering 8923 does not work. Therefore the answer is 8913.
- The second answer is given by the computer at the end which is seven ones so 1111111.
If you enter the computer answer before interacting with the computer, or if you enter the notes answer before interacting with all of the notes, you can still exit the room. However, you will get the Hacker assessment by OScar.
- Yellow: Interactive Objects
- Green: Obtainable Objects
- Blue: Exits / Doors
- Orange: Interactive NPC
- If you enter 8913, OScar gives you a positive Smartliness rating, but if you enter 1111111, he gives you a negative one.
- Entering the proper code also unlocks the Repurposed Code achievement.
- Putting the code 583221496 in the keypad will automatically translate all Darksider Glyphs from then on.
- Prior to Patch 1.0.4c, if you enter the computer answer before interacting with the computer, or if you enter the notes answer before interacting with all of the notes, the room will still become grayscale but, you will be trapped in the room and all dialogue in the room will change to: "You thought you could outsmart us? You've made a foolish mistake. Enjoy the stay little one."
- This was changed due to the amount of complains by players as the game does not autosave after the Barghest fight, forcing players to replay the battle.